Slow suicide never looked sexier.
late but i saw this and my results were pleasing.Went on a date with captain america.
Oooooh gods it’s here now XD
I started a company with the Chitauri >:D
Is actually a child of Phil Coulson.
Holy shit I knew it! I knew it! Fuck yeah, being badass is in my genes.
HAD BABIES WITH LOKI!! SHIT YEAH! I swear I’m not making that up.
Went clubbing with the HULK, FUCK YEAH haha
Blue Pond in November, Biei, Hokkaido, Japan
Places like this can exist o.O
superwholockmerlinian this is for you!
We are just trying to figure each other out.
officially my all time favorite postmost men are only into a woman’s body where as the woman wants to know the mans mind.
Thanks society. On-point post.
At least you wrote “most” men. Thank you for that!
Stages of Deterioration in the Human Body
The Moment Of Death:
1. The heart stops.
2. The skin gets tight and ashen in color.
3. All the muscles relax.
4. The bladder and bowels empty. (not always)
5. The body temperature begins to drop 2-2 1/2 degrees Fahrenheit per hour for the first 12 hours, then 1 1/2-2 degrees Fahrenheit per hour until the body temp has reached the environmental temp.
After 30 minutes:
6. The skin gets purple and waxy.
7. The lips, fingernails, and toenails fade to a pale color.
8. Blood pools at the bottom of the body. (or lowest gravitational point)
9. The hands and feet turn blue.
10. The eyes sink into the skull.
After 4 hours:
11. Rigor mortis has set in.
12. The purpling of the skin and the pooling of the blood continue.
13. Rigor continues to tighten muscles for another 24 hours or so and is most appreciable in the muscles of the face and hands.
After 12 hours:
14. The body is in full rigor mortis.
Livor mortis or pooling of the blood has fixed.
After 24 hours:
15. The body is now the temperature of the surrounding environment.
16. In males, the semen dies.
17. The head and neck are now a greenish-blue color.
18. The greenish-blue color spreads to the rest of the body. (most appreciable in the stomach region)
19. There is a pervasive smell of rotting meat.
After 3 days:
20. The gas in the body tissues forms large blisters on the skin. (blebs)
21. The whole body begins to bloat and swell grotesquely.
22. Fluids leak from the mouth, nose, vagina, and rectum. (decompositional fluid purging)
After 3 weeks:
23. The skin, hair, and nails are so loose they can easily be pulled off the corpse. (sloughing)
24. The skin bursts open on many places on the body. (skin blebs)
25. Decomposition will continue until the body is nothing but skelital remains, a process that can take a month or so in hot climates, and two months or more in cold climates.
This is actually pretty interesting.
Important for writers…helps avoid either walking in and knowing someone died moments ago “from the smell” (unless that smell is piss and shit), or finding someone dead for a week that “looks like they’re sleeping.”
Reblogging for reference.
This is the single creepiest website ever and i love all of you
Found this really interesting.
I added a couple of notes to this and here’s a few more:
If a body is in a wet climate for a long period of time it can get moldy, or if submerged in water will display adipocere which is the hardening of body fat due to putrefaction (it is waxy); in dry climates the body can naturally mummify as well.
When the body purges decomp fluid it can look like there was a more traumatic event than there really was. Someone can die naturally in their chair and a couple of weeks later it could look like the person had their throat slit because of all of the fluid that has drained from the orifices.
Livor mortis or the settling of blood is a fixed event. Livor is only effected by gravity and if the body is moved prior to fixation (around 8 hours) then the livor mortis will reflect that, also prior to fixation the area affected by livor mortis can be impressed, if it blanches then livor hasn’t fixed and it helps with a TOD.
Rigor mortis doesn’t last forever, but can if the body is embalmed. It will last in most climates for about 24 hours, then will start to dissipate, the areas of the body with smaller muscles will have rigor for a longer period of time.
Something I learned from Detective Conan:
If someone dies in the midst of vigorous exercise, rigor mortis sets in much more quickly! It takes a few minutes for it to begin, which can throw off the estimated time of death :)
8 month old baby hearing his mother’s voice for the first time with cochlear implant
This is the most beautiful thing ever.
thank you science
THE BINKY JUST…….
i love how potato in french is pomme de terre, which pretty much means “earth apple.”
like what stupid frenchman saw this:
and said “zis petite légume looks like a, how you say, APPLE! hmmm… but it grows in ze earth… HON HON HON! MAIS OUI! C’EST UNE POMME DE TERRE!”
NK’s always been craving attention, eh?